2008-9-18
在线时间
77 小时
积分
威望
发表于 2008-12-1 17:02:59 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 来自: 浙江杭州
1)A first enquiry
Dear Sirs,

We have learned from Smith and Company of Birmingham that you manufacture a range of high-fashion handbags in a variety of leathers.

We operate a quality retail business and although our sales volume is not large , we obtain high prices for our goods.

Would you please send me a copy of your handbag catalogue with details of your prices and payment terms?

We would find it most helpful if you could also supply samples of the various skins from which the handbags are made.

Yours faithfully,
Sandra Jones
Manager
====================================
A first enquiry
第一次询价
Dear Sirs,
执事先生:
We have learned from Smith and Company of Birmingham that you manufacture a range of high-fashion handbags in a variety of leathers.
从伯明翰.史密斯公司!获悉贵公司制作了一系列款式新颖的皮革手提包.
We operate a quality retail business and although our sales volume is not large , we obtain high prices for our goods.
本公司经营高档零售业务,虽然销量不多,但货品属优质高档.
Would you please send me a copy of your handbag catalogue with details of your prices and payment terms?
现恳请惠寄货品目录、价格表和付款方式细则.
We would find it most helpful if you could also supply samples of the various skins from which the handbags are made.
此外,如蒙提供各类皮革样本,不胜感激.
Yours faithfully,
Sandra Jones
Manager
==========================================
Useful phrases
1.We have learned from … that you
从…获悉贵公司…
2.We operate a quality retail business
本公司经营高档零售业务
3.Would you please send me a copy of your handbag catalogue
现恳请惠寄货品目录…
4.We would find it most helpful if you could also supply samples of
如蒙提供各类…样本,不胜感激
=======================================
Notes段意解说
1.Say how you obtained the company’s address and indicate what you are interested in.
各知如何取得收信人地址及发信原因.
2.Introduce yourself and describe your field of activity.
自我介绍有关经营的业务范围
3.Make your main request.
提出请求
4.The second request is going to cost the company more. Make it tactfully.
第二个请求花费较大,需要得体地提出.
=====================================
Alternative phrases替代用语
(I have been told by/I have heard from…)
(…handbags in several different leathers…)

(It would be very helpful if…)
(…from which you make the handbags.)
============================================
Comments 评注
The enquiry is brief and to the point, telling the reader exactly what the enquiry is about. It requests the usual free literature and politely asks for an additional item: samples.
这封信简明扼要,让收信人确切清楚查询内容.先要求索取赠阅目录,再礼貌地要求提供样本
(2) Reply to a first enquiry
Dear Ms Jones,

Thank you for your enquiry of 16 July. We are pleased to hear that you are interested in our products.

We are sending you a copy of our latest catalogue under separate cover, together with samples of some of the skins we regularly use in the manufacture of our products.

I regret to say that we can not send you the full range of samples. You can be assured , however, that such skins as crocodile and ostrich, not include in the watch, are of the same high quality.

Mrs Angela Wane, our European Sales Manager, will be in the UK next month and will be pleased to call on you. She will have with her a wide range of our products. When you see them, we think that you will agree that only the best quality materials are used, and that the high standard of workmanship will appeal to the most discriminating buyer.

We also manufacture a wide range of leather belts and gloves in which you may be interested. They are fully illustrated in our catalogue and are of the same high quality as our handbags. Mrs Wane will be able to show you examples when she calls.

We look forward to receiving an order from you.

Yours sincerely,
Damien Carr
Marketing Vice-President
===========================================

Reply to a first enquiry
答复第一次询价
Dear Ms Jones,
琼斯女士:
Thank you for your enquiry of 16 July. We are pleased to hear that you are interested in our products.
7月16日来函询价忆收到.得悉贵公司对我们的产品有兴趣,实感荣幸.
We are sending you a copy of our latest catalogue under separate cover, together with samples of some of the skins we regularly use in the manufacture of our products.
兹奉上我们最新的产品目绿和常用的皮革样本,谨供参考.
I regret to say that we can not send you the full range of samples. You can be assured , however, that such skins as crocodile and ostrich, not include in the watch, are of the same high quality.
很抱歉未能寄上全套样本,但其它诸如鳄鱼皮、驼鸟皮等皮革都是同样优质上乘的.
Mrs Angela Wane, our European Sales Manager, will be in the UK next month and will be pleased to call on you. She will have with her a wide range of our products. When you see them, we think that you will agree that only the best quality materials are used, and that the high standard of workmanship will appeal to the most discriminating buyer.
本公司欧洲营业经理安杰拉.韦恩太太将于下月携同各类产品前赴英国,.届时您若能抽空与她面谈和看看我们的产品,相信也会同意我们的产品质料上乘、手工精巧,能吸引最有鉴赏力的买主.
We also manufacture a wide range of leather belts and gloves in which you may be interested. They are fully illustrated in our catalogue and are of the same high quality as our handbags. Mrs Wane will be able to show you examples when she calls.
除了手提包外,本公司亦制造多种系列精美的皮带和手套,贵公司如感兴趣,可参看产品目录中所刊登的插图.韦恩太太拜访时将向您展示样本.
期待接到您的订单.
Yours sincerely,
Damien Carr
Marketing Vice-President
销售部副总经理
=============================================
Useful phrases
1. We are pleased to hear that you are interested in our products.
得悉贵公司对我们的产品有兴趣,实感荣幸.
2. I regret to say that we can not send you the full range of samples.
很抱歉未能寄上全套样本…
3. She will have with her a wide range of our products.
携同各类产品…
4. We think that you will agree that only the best quality materials are used
…相信也会同意我们的产品质料上乘、手工精巧…
5. The high standard of workmanship will appeal to the most discriminating buyer.
…能吸引最有鉴赏力的买主.
======================================

Notes段意解说
1.Make the reference clear and respond.
确认来函,作出回应.
2.State what acting you are taking
详述现正采取的措施
3.Explain why you have not been able to meet the request in full
解释未能满足收信人所有要求
4.Add details of any follow-up action
告知其它后续措施
5.Broaden the customer’s interest, hoping to sell additional products.
吸引收信人对其他产品的兴趣,尽量推销
======================================
Alternative phrases替代用语
(I refer to your…)
(I am glad to…)

(I am sorry to…)
(I can assure you, however,…)
(…that we use the best quality materials…)
(…the most discerning…)

===========================================

Comments评注
This is a concise, yet full, response to the enquiry. It demonstrates the efficiency and dynamism of the company’s approach. The visit of a sales representative will almost certainly lead to a sale.
本信精要详尽,同时显示发信人公司处理效率和冲劲.派营业代表到访将可建双方的合作关系.
(3)An enquiry for steel screws

Dear Sirs,

We are interested in buying large quantities of steel screws in all size. We would be obliged if you would give us a quotation per kilogram C&F Liverpool, England.

It would also be appreciated if you could forward samples and your price list to us.

We used to purchase these products from other sources. We may now prefer to buy from your company because we understand that you are able to supply larger quantities at more attractive prices. In addition, we have confidence in the quality of your products.

We look forward to hearing from you by return.

Yours faithfully,
Nigel Brown
Purchasing Manager
  网络改变生活

主题

回帖

听众

小学三年级

引线币
精华
注册时间
2008-9-9